Statement on Coronavirus
Willen Lake Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated 20th May 2020
In order to protect lives, we must all follow the latest government advice in relation to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
From Wednesday 13th May 2020 guidance is that you may;
- spend time outdoors – for example sitting and enjoying the fresh air, picnicking, or sunbathing
- meet one other person from a different household outdoors - following social distancing guidelines
- exercise outdoors as often as you wish - following social distancing guidelines
- use outdoor sports courts or facilities, such as a tennis or basketball court, or golf course – with members of your household, or one other person while staying 2 metres apart
- At all times, you should continue to observe social distancing guidelines when you are outside your home, including ensuring you are 2 metres away from anyone outside your household.
- You cannot use an outdoor gym or playground or gather in a group of more than two (excluding members of your own household).
- You can travel to outdoor open space irrespective of distance.
- 1-2-1 personal training can now take place with social distancing
- Some individual watersports are able to take place where equipment is privately owned.
If you feel unwell, or anyone in your household has symptoms, we ask that you please do not visit Willen Lake and follow the government advice to self-isolate.
Following a review of the UK government guidelines around outdoor activities, we are now able to re-introduce Wakeboarding. From 30th May we will start running 2-hour sessions for competent riders and our wakeboarding members. All our other activities are still under review and will remained closed until 7th June, (unless advised otherwise).
Open Water Swimming is also now permitted. This is run by third party Love Open Water and will commence at Willen Lake from 28th May. This will be for experienced swimmers only.
For information on how to book a place please visit https://loveopenwater.co.uk/swimming-milton-keynes/
Events and School Bookings
We are taking a monthly review of our events and school bookings and cancelling as required. We contact anyone affected directly. All of our events are currently cancelled up to the 7th June when we will undertake a further review in line with government advice.
From Saturday 23rd May, our public toilets will be open between 10am - 4.30pm, these will be regularly cleaned and monitored by our team, please see onsite signage for guidance. The Café, One4six will also be open for takeaway as will our other food concessions at Willen Lake. Where possible we ask customers to pay by card and preferably by using contactless payment.
Fishing is now permitted but this is subject to having the appropriate licences and can only take place in demarked areas. No night fishing is permitted. See MK Angling Association.
We will continue to follow latest government advice and will update our statements and website as soon as we know more. In the meantime, please keep safe and stay home.