RYA Basic Skills (Level 2)
The RYA Basic Skills course is designed to teach participants aged 16+, how to sail the boat solo. They will learn how to have the boat under their full control and how to carry out certain manouveres. Once students have achieved this qualification then they can hire out dinghies to practise their skills.
Due to the Government restrictions around Covid-19 we have implemented the following changes to keep both our staff and customers safe:
- Sessions have been adapted, offering reduced capacities to support social distancing.
- Enhanced cleaning regime in place for equipment.
- Bookings must be made in advance online or by phone.
- Visitors are asked to follow signage instructions onsite and follow social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser is available on arrival, exit and each course level.
- There will be no spectators welcome (unless they are a parent or guardian of an under 16).
- There will be no access to changing rooms – participants should arrive “ready to go”, change in car or use a poncho or suitable towel to change in outdoor spaces if applicable.
- Limited toilet facilities will be available on site.
- If you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 please do not attend your session and follow the Government advice to self-isolate.