Learn to sail at Willen Lake
Our five day sailing weeks are aimed at young sailors (aged 8-15) of all abilities. So whether a complete beginner, or a more experienced sailor, we have a selection of weeks to suit. All weeks are priced at £210 per child.
|RYA Stage 1 & 2 Sailing||None||W/C 27th July|
W/C 3rd August
W/C 17th August
|RYA Stage 3 Sailing & Stage 1 Windsurfing||RYA Stage 2 Sailing||W/C 3rd August||Book now|
|RYA Stage 2 & 3 Sailing||RYA Stage 1 Sailing||W/C 10th August||Book now|
|RYA Start Racing & Windsurfing||RYA Stage 3 Sailing||W/C 24th August||Book now|
Due to the Government restrictions around Covid-19 we have implemented the following changes to our usual Sailing Week routine:
- Bookings must be made in advance online
- Sessions run from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
- Earliest drop-off 8:50am, collection at 5:00pm
- Sailors to bring their own lunch and drinks, if required this they can place in a conventional sized carrier bag (provide by us) and we will store it in our large fridge
- We can provide wetsuits for those that would like to use them; however, there will be no access to changing rooms at either end of the day – participants should arrive “ready to go” or be ready to change into a wetsuit in an outdoor space using a poncho or suitable towel if applicable or change in your car.
- Limited toilet facilities will be available on site.
- All participants should be aware of, understand the need for and respect social distancing.
- Enhanced cleaning regime has been put in place for equipment.
- Visitors are asked to follow signage instructions onsite and follow social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser is available on arrival, exit and around the site.
If you, your sailors or anyone in your household are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 please do not attend your session and follow the Government advice to self-isolate.
In addition to lunch sailors will need to bring:
- Suitable footwear – old trainer or wetshoes are best; however, flipflops and croc type shoes which do not cover toes or fall off easily are not acceptable, wet socks or swimming socks alone are not acceptable.
- Sun cream, a hat and sunglasses (on a string or other type of retainer strap) – please bear in mind these items may get lost in the lake!
- Their RYA Log Book if they already have one