Open Water Swimming
Love Open Water Milton Keynes has now reopened for public pre-bookings only, using a new Covid-19 Operating Procedure. Their sessions will be running on Saturday and Sunday mornings as well as Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Now located at the new Watersports Centre on the Peninsula.
- All sessions need to be booked in advance via the love open water website.
- Sessions are unlimited in length, and start on the hour.
- Changing rooms and showers are available for swimmers to use, which are frequently cleaned and disinfected by a designated cleaning team.
- Each session will begin on the hour during our operating times. New swimmers to the venue will be given a short pre-swim safety briefing.
- There are various course lengths up to 400m. Swimmers can swim round as many times as they like within the session time whilst maintaining social distancing in the water.
- There is a greater onus than usual that swimming is at the customers own risk. One lifeguard will be on duty to provide non-contact safety (long-tow rescue).
For more information and to pre-book a sessions please visit https://loveopenwater.co.uk/swimming-milton-keynes/
Join a NOWCA operated open water swimming session at Willen Lake. NOWCA are the largest community of open water swimmers and venues in the UK, with over 20,000 swimmers.
NOWCA operate sessions using RFID wristbands and an app to keep swimmers safe, whilst tracking performance and offering coaching opportunities to improve your swims.
Please note that Open Water Swimming is only permitted at Willen Lake during managed sessions. Open Water Swimming is not permitted outside of these sessions or in any other lakes in Milton Keynes.