Open Water Swimming
Love Open Water Milton Keynes has now reopened for public pre-bookings only, using a new Covid-19 Operating Procedure. Their sessions will be running on Saturday and Sunday mornings as well as Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- All sessions need to be booked in advance via the love open water website
- Sessions will be 1 hour long
- All changing is to be done either by your car or before you arrive, there will be no changing or toilet facilities.
- Each session will begin on the hour and will include a short pre-swim safety briefing. ALL SWIMMERS MUST BE IN ATTENDANCE.
- There are various course lengths up to 400m. Swimmers can swim round as many times as they like within the session time whilst maintaining social distancing in the water.
- There is a greater onus than usual that swimming is at the customers own risk. One lifeguard will be on duty to provide non-contact safety (long-tow rescue).
For more information and to pre-book a sessions please visit https://loveopenwater.co.uk/swimming-milton-keynes/
Join a NOWCA operated open water swimming session at Willen Lake. NOWCA are the largest community of open water swimmers and venues in the UK, with over 20,000 swimmers.
NOWCA operate sessions using RFID wristbands and an app to keep swimmers safe, whilst tracking performance and offering coaching opportunities to improve your swims.
Please note that Open Water Swimming is only permitted at Willen Lake during managed sessions. Open Water Swimming is not permitted outside of these sessions or in any other lakes in Milton Keynes.