This year we are welcoming the Willen Observation Wheel (WOW MK) to the lake. Standing at 36-metres tall this new visitor attraction will give beautiful views across the lake and onto the city beyond.
WOW MK will be open from Saturday 12 September 2020 and has a total of 24 gondolas which can sit up to six people at a time, meaning that the wheel can cater for a total of 144 people when full. Each complete rotation of the wheel takes approximately 10 minutes meaning you can enjoy seeing the city from a completely different view.
WOW MK will be open every day from 12am - 6pm. Tickets for the wheel will need to be booked in advance and prices start at £5 for individuals and £20 for families, the Willen Observation Wheel is also wheelchair accessible.
Please note that WOW MK is not run by Willen Lake, therefore all enquiries should be made through the WOW MK website.
Due to the Government restrictions around Covid-19 we have implemented the following changes to keep both our staff and customers safe:
- Sessions have been adapted, offering reduced capacities to support social distancing.
- Only guests from the same household/ bubble are to share a gondola.
- Enhanced cleaning regimes will also be put in place, with major touch points being disinfected and deep cleans of the gondolas at points throughout the day.
- Bookings must be made in advance online.
- Visitors are asked to follow signage instructions onsite and follow social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser is available on arrival and exit.
- If you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 please do not attend your session and follow the Government advice to self-isolate.